db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Running derbyall before submitting patches
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 11:27:23 GMT
Hi all,

The last week or two, derbyall has failed a lot the time. This makes
it hard to verify that I haven't goofed up things when doing changes
in the code (I run derbyall daily as a quality measure). To be able to
work efficiently, many of us are dependent on a reliable test suite.

So, I urge everyone who submits a patch to the Derby to run derbyall
on at least one platform/vm and not only the "relevant" tests for the
patch, even if you "know" that it should not be necessary. I think
this would save us all a lot of work (even more time saved for the
committers, I guess :-).

I know this won't guarantee that derbyall runs correctly all the time,
but the frequency of problems should at least go down.

Thanks
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway