db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Re: Please add descriptive Jira comments when fixing bugs
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 05:02:21 GMT

--- Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> > If the corresponding html file is also posted,
> along with the dita
> > file, the
> > change can be reviewed before the patch gets
> applied. Now's a good time
> > for establishing preferences for handling doc
> issues and we can easily
> > update
> > the web site with more amplified steps to follow.
>
> +1. It's not terribly difficult to generate the docs
> from the DITA
> source, so providing sample output with doc changes
> would be nice.
>
> andrew

I actually have wanted to attach html output to each
of my patch attachments.  But how can that be done?
Maybe I'm missing something here.  It seems to me that
you have the option in JIRA to attach one file at a
time.  So does that mean I should attach the patch,
then each html file separately?  Wouldn't that
generate quite a bit of unnecessary traffic to all of
us?  Or should we attach the patch and then send the
output to the derby dev list separetly?  Or something
I'm completely missing altogether?