db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "rahul merwah" <ra...@eco-online.com>
Subject TRUNCATE TABLE availability
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 17:27:20 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering on the latest status of TRUNCATE TABLE SQL: command. For the
TODO list on the site I can tell that the code is basically complete but
needs to be exposed – I was just wondering what are the details of the work
items left and, if necessary, what I can help with to get this finished.
Would it help to expose this as a feature request on JIRA so that comments
can be documented there? Our simple tests which require truncating a table
with 32K rows is taking painful minutes to complete (using DELETE FROM
tablename; autocommit off). I’m hoping even a naive TRUNCATE TABLE
implementation will be better than this by orders of magnitude!

- Rahul Merwah

Platform Architect

Ecosystems