db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Is it time to delete web site links to the original manuals?
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 20:19:39 GMT

--- "Jean T. Anderson" <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
> Jeff Levitt wrote:
> > --- "Jean T. Anderson" <jta@bristowhill.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >>Jeff will have to say for sure, but I believe most
> >>of the doc fixes have
> >>been 10.0 and it might be reasonable to separate
> out
> >>the 10.1 changes to
> >>produce a 10.0 release.
> >>
> >>  -jean
> >>
> > Well, is there a way to remove specific patches?
> > suppose we could spot-remove patches related to
> 10.1
> > docs and have 10.0 left over.
>
> the more I think about this, the only right thing is
> to version the dita
> doc source tree like the code is.
>
> I'll back out the change that I did last night.
>
> However, I'm going to modify the navigation
> information slightly. As you
> noted earlier, it was like this:
>
> -About
> -DITA
> -Original manuals
>
> and I'd like to change it to this:
>
> -About
> -10.0 Manuals
> -10.1 Alpha Manuals
>    + DITA source
>    + Getting Started
>    + etc.
>
> I should remove the admonition the previous index
> page had to not log
> issues against the original docs (the 10.0 Manuals).
> However, I will
> note that before logging an issue, it would be wise
> to first to check if
> it has been fixed in the 10.1 docs.

Sounds good to me, +1.

I like Scott's idea too for a future implementation,
when I have more time I can help out with that if you
want, Scott.  Not sure how it would work though.  Is
there some sort of command we could have the ant build
call into svn to find out which changes are for which
release etc?  It could break if there are multiple
patches to one file and some of them affect one
release and some only one etc.