db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Is it time to delete web site links to the original manuals?
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 16:33:02 GMT
Here's an idea to help distinguish those docs from the
current builds.

The current manuals page (when it includes the
original docs) looks like this:

-About
-DITA
-Original manuals

...or something to that effect, with each item
expandable.  What if we changed the name of that
bottom item to "Previous versions" and added one more
nested nav item within it for 10.0?  So you'd have:

-About
-DITA
+Previous versions
   -Version 10.0

Expanding the Version 10.0 twistee would of course
bring up the originally contributed docs.  Right now
it might not make a lot of sense since we only have
one previous version, but in time, when we fill that
"Previous versions" heading with more releases, it
makes for better organization, and I think it is less
likely to confuse the new user.