db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Derby Newtork Client documentation
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 20:46:08 GMT
I'd like to take a shot at updating the documentation
to include the Derby Client.  I've been mulling
several ways to do this, seeing as the current docs
use the IBM DB2 JCC Driver, db2jcc.jar etc.

So do want to replace all that with information from
the Derby Client (I would plan to use the Derby Client
spec to do that).  All syntax and examples would have
to be updated, but that's not too difficult.  The
question is what to do with the existing information.
Do we want to create a new section, say in the Server
Admin Guide appendix, that describes using the IBM JCC
Client rather than the Derby Client for those who
still want to use it?  Or should we take it out
altogether, and maybe make a separate whitepaper?

Either way, I think possibly a whitepaper on moving
from the old client to the Derby client would be
useful as well.

Suggestions?  Concerns?