db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] accept derby client contribution
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 17:28:44 GMT
Hi Satheesh,

Okay, I'll modify the Papers tab to include a Derby Network Client section and add a link
to the functional spec which is in raw html, unless you want to format it in forrest.xml.

My feeling is whoever contributes a paper should take the responsibility to format it in the
desired way prior to asking someone to update the site, just like patches need to be in a
specific format prior to submission.

Susan

Satheesh Bandaram <satheesh@Sourcery.Org> wrote:
Hi Susan,

Thanks for taking this up. I am OK with your suggestion. Should it be forrest generated or
posted as is? May be we could put the current version for now and then modify it later? ;-)

Satheesh

Susan Cline wrote:
Hi Satheesh,

I can get this ready for Jean to commit.

I was thinking it could go under the 'Papers' tab, http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html,
and we could create a new category called 'Derby Network Client'.  It wouldn't be
appropriate under the 'Derby Engine' section.  Or, we could have a new 'Functional Spec'
category where any future Functional Spec for anything could go as well.

Do either of those sound okay?  If not, please suggest where you would like the functional
spec to go.

Susan

Satheesh Bandaram <satheesh@Sourcery.Org> wrote:
Submitted Derby client source to trunk. Post any problems you notice
with Derby client.

Enjoy! Please use the functional spec for usage. I will work with Jean
to host it at Derby website.

Satheesh