db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Planning for a 10.1 release
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 17:43:08 GMT
On May 24, 2005, at 6:29 PM, Army wrote:

> I should clarify.  The reason I was thinking that this should not be
> documented as "official" yet is because the work I've done is based on
> _working__drafts_ of the SQL/XML syntax--which means we run the risk
> of the syntax changing in the near future.

I see. Not so much incomplete or experimental as "preliminary". I think
that's even the word used in your original post. Sorry for the
confusion.

On May 24, 2005, at 9:04 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> I think it's more than just quality and in fact Army never says
> anything
> about "production quality".

Indeed he didn't, but I was using Army's patch as an example to respond
generally to the suggestion that something that is "experimental" be
added to a release (thus, before it is "ready".)

I think you said it best with:

> The release manager doesn't want to be endlessly delaying a release
> waiting for one
> or more contributors to submit or finish patches.

+1

Also, I plan on updating STATUS shortly with the collected feedback,
it's more than a little out of date and could use some new info.

andrew