db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject bug or feature? tests build without debug flag
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 15:09:23 GMT

Most tests' build.xml files set/override the debug property in this
way:

<property file="${properties.dir}/sane${sanity}.properties"/>

Since ${sanity} isn't set anywhere I can see, the file
"${properties.dir}/sanefalse.properties" is read, effectively setting:

   sane=false
   debug=false
   optimize=true

which, I presume (I am not too familiar with ant), override settings
you may have in your ant.properties. I *did* notice my test class files
didn't have debug info ;-)

Is the reliance on ${sanity} intentional here? I would have thought it
should be ${sane} instead? Is there a reason not to build tests with
normal sanity settings?

Thanks,
Dag