db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Myrna van Lunteren (JIRA)" <derby-...@db.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-266) test tools/dblook_test.java fails if run in a directory having "*derby/*" in its path
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 13:35:52 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-266?page=all ]

Myrna van Lunteren updated DERBY-266:

    Attachment: derby266.diff

[PATCH] for this issue - I removed the lines with derby*, ran derbyall with jdk142 on windows
& all tests passed.
I also ran derbyall like this (i.e. lines removed, jdk142 on windows) from a directory which
had 'derby' in it, and all test passed. 
If reporter could verify this fixes the reported problem, that would be valuable.

(Visible to derby-developers)

> test tools/dblook_test.java fails if run in a directory having "*derby/*" in its path
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>          Key: DERBY-266
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-266
>      Project: Derby
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: Test
>     Versions:
>     Reporter: Dag H. Wanvik
>     Assignee: Myrna van Lunteren
>     Priority: Minor
>      Fix For:
>  Attachments: derby266.diff
> SYMPTOM: The test "tools/dblook_test" will fail. The diff looks similar to this:
> *** Start: dblook_test jdk1.4.2_02 derbyall:derbytools 2005-05-06 22:37:37 ***
> 4861d4860
> < java.io.FileNotFoundException: <filePath>
> Test Failed.
> *** End:   dblook_test jdk1.4.2_02 derbyall:derbytools 2005-05-06 22:37:53 ***
> cf mail thread:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200505.mbox/%3c20050507140048.GB690@ac30.fr34.2y.net%3e
> ANALYSIS: The problem lies with the sed
> functionality in the test harness, which delete certain lines before
> comparing with the master file.
> Sed.java in the harness removes lines containing *derby/* in the path,
> viz:
>  	deleteLines.addElement("^.*derby/.*\\<.*\\>\\(.*\\).*$");	
>  	deleteLines.addElement("^.*derby/.*\\(.*\\).*$");	
> so if your tests are running in a directory containing this pattern, a
> line too much is deleted from dblook_test.tmp, thereby giving a
> comparison failure like you describe.
> I don't know the reason for this deletion yet, so I can't say how to
> fix it, but the work-around is obvious: Run test in a directory whose
> name does not contain this pattern ;-)

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message