db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "scott hutinger (JIRA)" <derby-...@db.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DERBY-279) Tagging in DITA docs causes Derby builds to fail.
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 16:31:12 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-279?page=comments#action_65314 ]
     
scott hutinger commented on DERBY-279:
--------------------------------------

This patch by Jeff has been validated to fix the doc build stopping due to errors.  The patch
fixes the problem when having a specific pathname length that will not build the docs.  Xerces
is a portion of this problem.  But in a known non-buildable pathlength, this patch fixes the
build problem.

Please commit the patch and close the issue :-)  I would also say this is a show-stopper bug,
not a minor bug.  I would escalate this bug to major, or whatever, then close it.  Due to
it's seemingly randomness.

This validation was on a x86 linux platform.

Without the patch:
[xslt] home/srh/src/derby-d/doc/trunk/temp/ttoolsjarload1003120.dita:15:486: Fatal Error!
XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
With the patch:
BUILD SUCCESSFUL


> Tagging in DITA docs causes Derby builds to fail.
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: DERBY-279
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-279
>      Project: Derby
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: Documentation
>  Environment: all
>     Reporter: Jeff Levitt
>     Assignee: Jeff Levitt
>     Priority: Minor
>  Attachments: pubtags.diff
>
> There seems to be a tag in the DITA docs at the end of most of the files (I found it
in almost 500 of them).  I think the tag was generated by the tool I had used to create the
DITA files originally during the migration to DITA.  In any case, the tag is formatted like
this: <?pub *xxxxxxxxx?>, where the x's are a string of numbers.  I know these tags
are unnecessary for our docs, but until now I didn't think they affected anything.  However,
in researching why the doc builds sometimes fail for different users and different platforms,
it occured to me that it could be because of this tag.  The build failure usually logs that
files need to "start and end with the same entity."  Well, if this pub tag is at the end of
a file, then it could be causing the problem.  Indeed, I just had a build failure, then removed
the pub tag, and the build succeeded.  So I would like to remove these arbitrary tags from
all of the doc files.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message