db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: All of derby_all fails when environment corresponding derbyLocale_**.jar exists in CLASSPATH
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 01:24:37 GMT

Hi,

MvL> Would it be totally unacceptable to document we expect the test harness to
MvL> be run in en_US locale? Naka, would that be impossible for you? If you run
MvL> the tests with those properties you mention, does that work? We'd probably
MvL> need to pass them into the test harness using -Djvmflags=... Or maybe even
MvL> just force it from insite RunSuite/RunTest.
MvL> How do the folks in Norway run these?

I used the setting below setting in the shell (bash) when running
tests. Worked for me, but then only one test failed due to the no_NO
setting originally (I forget which one, I can re-run to find out?).
Otherwise, I agree, ideally tests should be agnostic to
current language/region, but if that isn't achievable, the harness
could check for correct setting.

export LC_CTYPE=en_US

Dag