db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "TomohitoNakayama" <tomon...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject Patch again for DERBY-167.
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 13:16:59 GMT
Hello.

I send new patch for DERBY-167.
Please review it again.

I have one question.

There seems to be NO implementation to update externalized DD_Version.
So now, hardupgrade does not works and we can't use BY DEFAULT  .

Should it be implemented  in this task ?

I have hesitation about updating version info myself ....

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp
         tomohito@rose.zero.ad.jp

         Naka

*/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Satheesh Bandaram
  To: Derby Development
  Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 9:21 AM
  Subject: Re: "-Dframework=DerbyNetClient"? (Re: BulkInsert ? (Re:
DERBY-167 has done but ...))

  Hi Tomohito,

  How is the patch comming along? Were you able to apply both Dan's and my
comments? Glad you resolved the problem with derbyAll suite. Post your patch
when ready to be reviewed.

  I have created a sub-task (Derby-275) to document new syntax once done. We
don't have to worry about this for now.

  Do attempt both soft-upgrade and full upgrades to see if the patch works
as expected.

  Satheesh

  TomohitoNakayama wrote:

    Hello.

    In derbynetmats.properties,
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/suites/derbynetmats.properties
    cofiguration was as next ...

    framework=DerbyNet

    I think this should be ,
    framework=DerbyNetClient.

    This may be reason....

    #And second reason is that I don't know much about common knoledge of
test suite ;P
    #I feel that derbyall test suite does not suit for my task....

    Thanks.

    Best regards.

    /*

            Tomohito Nakayama