db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "TomohitoNakayama" <tomon...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject Re: All of derby_all fails when environment corresponding derbyLocale_**.jar exists in CLASSPATH
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 02:39:11 GMT
Hello.

I tried to execute derby_all again without derbyLocale_ja.jar and found next
tests are failed.

derbyall/derbyall.fail:jdbcapi/parameterMapping.java
derbyall/derbyall.fail:i18n/urlLocale.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:i18n/messageLocale.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:i18n/iepnegativetests_ES.sql
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/NSinSameJVM.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/maxthreads.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/runtimeinfo.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/sysinfo.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testProperties.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testconnection.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/timeslice.java
derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/NSinSameJVM.java
derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/maxthreads.java
derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/runtimeinfo.java
derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/sysinfo.java
derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testProperties.java
derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testconnection.java
derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/timeslice.java

Seeing their **.diff, next contains difference caused by locale problem.

derbyall/derbyall.fail:i18n/messageLocale.sql
derbyall/derbyall.fail:i18n/iepnegativetests_ES.sql
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/NSinSameJVM.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/maxthreads.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/runtimeinfo.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/sysinfo.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testProperties.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/testconnection.java
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/timeslice.java

Taking aside testing barrier, almost all of these locale problem seems not
so harmful.
Generated messages was reasonable as Japanese message.

But derbyall/derbyall.fail:i18n/iepnegativetests_ES.sql, some characters are
corrupted.

For example...
 47a47
> ERROR XIE0J: Un delimitador no es v?lido o se ha utilizado m?s de una vez.
51 del
< ERROR XIE0J: Un delimitador no es v EnC:>225< lido o se ha utilizado m
EnC:>225< s de una vez.

I think we can avoid this testing problem in SunVM configuring sytem
property of user.language/user.country/user.variant.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/corejava/intl/reference/faqs/index.html :
Can I set the default locale from outside an application?
This depends on the implementation of the Java platform you're using. The
initial default locale is normally determined from the host operating
system's locale. Versions 1.4 and higher of Sun's JREs let you override this
by setting the user.language, user.country, and user.variant system
properties from the command line. For example, to select Locale("th", "TH",
"TH") as the initial default locale, you would use:
java -Duser.language=th -Duser.country=TH -Duser.variant=TH MainClass
Since not all runtime environments provide this feature, it should only be
used for testing.

But there remains unclearness around other vm .....

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama

         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp