db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Scott <deni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated snapshot jars
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:19:11 GMT
Andrew:

Gave 10.1 alpha it a quick shot in Network Server mode on Windows today.

One quick observation:

setNetworkServerCP.bat sets the CLASSPATH to point to the derby.jar,
etc. files in DERBY_INSTALL/lib/ -- however, in the ZIP file the jar
files are in the root directory. I had to modify setNetworkSetCP.bat
accordingly to get the CLASSPATH set up correctly.

At a minimum, either the batch file should be updated, or the zip file
should be placed entirely within a /lib/  directory (which is kind of
a generic name.)

Ideally, all of the files should be contained in a descriptively named
directory ("derby", perhaps), and the batch file should be updated to
match.

Dan