db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Re: Availability of Derby client ...
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 05:50:58 GMT
Satheesh Bandaram <satheesh@Sourcery.Org> wrote on 14/04/2005 08:34:32 AM:

> As Kathy Saunders announced in February, IBM is contributing
> attached Derby client to Apache Derby project. Derby client is a
> type 4 JDBC client driver that is designed to work with Derby Network
Server.

<SNIP>

Can someone from IBM tell us what the status of the DB2 Universal Driver
is with future versions of Cloudscape.  Is it being replaced by the Derby
Client?

The reason I ask is that in the past an application that could be used
with Derby or Cloudscape 10 may have documented how to configure/use the
DB2 Universal Driver.  Should this documentation be changed to refer to
the Derby client, or will future versions of Cloudscape continue to use
the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for some reason and therefore we need to
document both?

Thanks,

John