db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Okundaye, Derrick" <Derrick.Okund...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Derby Client - Problem is using the driver
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:10:54 GMT
Actually the problem started when l first tried to build the derby client and there was a compile
error in org.apache.derby.client.am.Configuration.java line 237 - ProductGenusNames.DNC_INFO
because it had not been created in ProductGenusNames.

I initially changed it to DBMS_INFO hence the nullpointerexception because it could not find
the majorversion number.

When l added the following lines to org.apache.derby.iapi.services.info.ProductGenusName:

        /**Genus name for dnc products.*/
        public static String DNC = "dnc";
        public static String DNC_INFO = "/org/apache/derby/info/dnc.properties";

it worked superbly.

Derrick

________________________________

From: Sunitha Kambhampati [mailto:ksunithaghm@gmail.com]
Sent: Sat 23/04/2005 20:52
To: Derby Development
Subject: Re: Derby Client - Problem is using the driver

Sunitha Kambhampati wrote:

> Okundaye, Derrick wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I built derby version 10.0.2.1 with the derby client successfully.

I think you should build it on the trunk version..   (which is  10.1.0.0
alpha )  and use it with those classes.

Also the functional spec says this  in the packaging& versioning section
-- ." The Derby network client will assume the version of the Derby
release in which it is offered (currently thought to be 10.1). "

Could you try to build on the trunk version and see if that solves your
problem.

Thanks,
Sunitha.

and inform the sender. Thank you.