db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Okundaye, Derrick" <Derrick.Okund...@logicacmg.com>
Subject Derby Client - Problem is using the driver
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:19:41 GMT
Hi,

I built derby version 10.0.2.1 with the derby client successfully.  I
have successfully created databases using the ij tool.  However, l
cannot access the database in code because the acceptable db url syntax
'jdbc:derby:<database_name>' is not acceptable in code.  It must be
'jdbc:derby://<database_name>/<attributes>;'.

The problem although a connection is made to the server, it fails
because of a java.langExceptionInInitializerError.  I cant trace it's
cause yet.

Has anyone implemented the derby client yet and if so, have they come
across the same thing?

Regards,

Derrick Okundaye
Consultant
____________________

LogicaCMG

Stephenson House
75 Hampstead Road
London NW1 2PL
United Kingdom

M: +44 (0) 7854 876119
E: derrick.okundaye@logicacmg.com
http://www.logicacmg.com
information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be
copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and
any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.