db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Derby-1 and Mac OS X
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:11:40 GMT
I'd personally like to see a fix for it, but that is as I work mostly
on OS X =)

I am of the opinion that detecting OS X and modifying behavior somewhat
is okay as it *is* an exceptional case. It is like asking the system
for the pathname separator. It is a hack, but it is a hack around a
common (broken) JVM/Filesystem.

In order to get around it, I apply the "OS X Fix" to all apps I use
Derby in, in case they are deployed on OS X. This is worse, but is so
much easier that it wins.

-Brian