db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patches with new files
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:25:36 GMT
On 4/27/05, David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.  Dumb question, but if I have a patch that has *new* files,
> what's the correct way of submitting the new files?  How do I indicate
> the path for these new files?

When submitting patches, it's a good idea to svn add/svn delete any
files as appropriate in your view, then include the output of 'svn
stat,' which shows which files have been changed, added, or deleted.
That way, a committer reviewing the patch and attempting to submit it
can match up the files in your stat output with the new file(s)
created when applying your patch.

See Mamta's recently submitted patch for Derby-189 for an example of
svn stat output.

andrew