db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is EXCEPT/INTERSECT complete?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:51:40 GMT
On Mar 15, 2005 7:43 AM, Bernt M. Johnsen <bernt@sun.com> wrote:
> Running the latest on trunk (svn update today), I get
> NullPointerException when doing EXCEPT and INTERSECT in a view.
>
> If the implementation is supposed to be complete, I'll create an
> issue.
>
> <snip repro and stack trace>

Hi Bernt,

Did you create an issue for this? I couldn't seem to find it in Jira.
Your repro also failed in my sane/debug build, but with a more
informative error message:

ij> create view view1 as select * from tab1 intersect select * from tab2;
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
ij> select * from view1;
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'ASSERT FAILED costEstimate is not
expected to be null for org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SelectNode:
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.sanity.AssertFailure'.
ij> exit;

andrew