db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Assigned bugs in Jira
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:04:58 GMT
Lance J. Andersen wrote:

> Sorry, I assumed when Mamta sent the email that it was the intent for
> someone to take this  over.

> I can reassign this back to Satheesh if you like.

Nothing to do with me. :-)

> I just assumed it was unassigned given the email was sent out.  I did
> noticce when I assigned it that it showed Satheesh as the owner.

As Satheesh said I was just trying to cover the general case. I think a
lot of us are new to open source and we do need to define some ground
rules around assignment of bugs. Something like

- if you are actively working on a Jira issue then assign it to yourself
or ask someone on the derby-dev list to assign to you.

- if you are not actively working on a Jira issue then either unassign
it, or don't assign it to yourself. If you have made some progress on
it, then make some comment to that effect in the Jira entry

- if you want to help out on an assigned Jira issue, volunteer on the
list to help out

Of course anyone can work on any Jira issue that they want to, even if
it is assigned to another person, but that's their choice, to possibly
duplicate effort.

Dan.