db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Use of 3rd party libraries
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:23:14 GMT
A quick look at java.ext.dirs seems to indicate the intention for this
is for packages with the root javax.*, which are specifically defined as
extensions of J2SE.  Is this really the right place to put things like
third-party JAR files?

The approach I have seen is you write your own classloader that then
uses a property to load classes from jar files stored in a particular
directory.  If I remember right, BEA's app server used to do this, quite
nice.

David