db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Use of 3rd party libraries
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:29:56 GMT
Good points, although I am very wary of a huge long set of jars in the
classpath, an invitation to confusion and difficulty for our users.

Couldn't we have a "third-party.jar" that has all the third-party classes?

Thinking about this further, there is also the issue of avoiding version
mismatch and jar-file-stomping when Derby is installed into a larger
milieu of software, and a lot of this common stuff like JMX is in use by
other projects?  I know how we deal with this at Sun, but how is this
managed in the open source world?  Or is this why you need open source
integrator companies?

David