db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Use of 3rd party libraries
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:07:43 GMT
I like code reuse rather than having to write and maintain our own work.
  That's a big pull of open source is building from what others have
done.  I vote for including the libraries in derby.jar, rather than
having jar-file explosion.

One concern is making sure we include third-party stuff with compatible
licensing.  What is the process for making we don't get into some legal
tangle?

David