db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about softupgrade mode ..
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:27:47 GMT
TomohitoNakayama wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Just problem of my ability of English ....

... which is much better than my Japanese :-)

>> I think it is better to take the extra time up
>> front to address the issue in the best way.
>

> What does "extra time up front" mean ?
> It seems to have some meaning of  period of time ...
> Is this a set phrase which have special meaning in project ?

It means that it is better to take time at the start to consider options
and find a good solution than it is to rush the decision on which
solution to use, then find later that it does not really work and needs
to be redone.

It is common colloquial English.

I hope that makes sense.
--