db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Question about softupgrade mode ..
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 05:07:05 GMT
TomohitoNakayama wrote:

> Now, I came to thought changing DefaultInfo have more impact than
> adding column to SYSCOLUMNS table ....
> //I wishes that DefaultInfo existed in either case of autoinrement and
> default !!!
>
> Thinking the autoincrement is one kind of default, I think approach of
> adding attributes of autoincrement to DefaultInfo is not bad.
> However , thinking impact of that modification, I think I MUST be at a
> loss correctly and find the answer for that.

If it makes it easier, I personally, think that it would be fine to add
another column  using the same model as the other autoincrement
information.  Then,  they all can be rolled into DefaultInfo later as
part of a separate cleanup task.

It would be great, I think,  if you file a Jira entry for the cleanup
task with all of your research.   While you are at it,  assign yourself
to Derby-134 and mark  it resolved.  Give yourself some well deserved
credit.

Kathey