db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Amit Handa <Amit.Ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Derby Client - Problem is using the driver
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:32:48 GMT
Well I could built with applying the patch on the development trunk,
and didn't get problems.

Also didn't do these changes you mention.

Try checking out afresh and follow the process.

thanks,
Amit

Okundaye, Derrick wrote:

>Actually the problem started when l first tried to build the derby client and there was
a compile error in org.apache.derby.client.am.Configuration.java line 237 - ProductGenusNames.DNC_INFO
because it had not been created in ProductGenusNames.

>I initially changed it to DBMS_INFO hence the nullpointerexception because it could not
find the majorversion number.

>When l added the following lines to org.apache.derby.iapi.services.info.ProductGenusName:
>
>        /**Genus name for dnc products.*/
>        public static String DNC = "dnc";
>        public static String DNC_INFO = "/org/apache/derby/info/dnc.properties";
>
>it worked superbly.
>
>Derrick

It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.
and inform the sender. Thank you.