db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Client - Problem is using the driver
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:35:26 GMT
Okundaye, Derrick wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I built derby version 10.0.2.1 with the derby client successfully.  I
>have successfully created databases using the ij tool.  However, l
>cannot access the database in code because the acceptable db url syntax
>'jdbc:derby:<database_name>' is not acceptable in code.
>

> It must be
>'jdbc:derby://<database_name>/<attributes>;'.

Actually there is no need for the extra semicolon in the end

Per the functional spec attached in Satheesh's email
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.db.derby.devel/2960)'  -
 Here is an example of using the URL to connect to the derby network
server running on localhost at port 1527 in ij

ij> connect
`jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample;create=true;user=user1;password=secret4me';

Could you post more details on the url you are using, when you are
getting the exception, on how you are trying to connect (does it work in
ij) and also how you built the client etc, that might help us locate
where the problem is.

Thanks,
Sunitha.