db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade changes committed
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:57:14 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> I added a new system procedure for inline compress, I assume I have
> to add some code to hard upgrade - can you point me to the right place?

Class org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DD_Version

Methods

doFullUpgrade - method to make changes for full upgrade, such as add a
procedure catalog entries, add a system table etc.

applySafeChanges - method to make safe changes in soft upgrade, such as
fixing some incorrect information in a system table, e.g. column's
nullability - should be rarely used.

Your code in doFullUpgrade would call the data dictionary to add the
entry for your procedure.

Dan.