db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Adding new documentation for debugging test failures in the test framework
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:49:42 GMT
Shreyas Kaushik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is the initial draft as per Apache Forrest 0.6. Please review this
> doc and let me know of improvements.
>
> When I was testing this I was unable to see the Samples tab in the web
> site I built.The build went through successfully but,
> I had to type the link in the browser window to view the page, this
> despite adding the following entry in
> ${derby.site.root}src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml,
>
> <samples label="Samples" href="samples/" tab="samples">
>      <debugtest label="Debugging test failures" href="debugtest.html"
> description="Debugging Test Failures"/>
> </samples>
>
> Should I do anything more to see the tab?

Hi, Shreyas,

Your entry would work with a newly seeded forrest site because it
includes a samples tab. It won't work for the Derby site because it
doesn't have a Samples tab. Creating a new tab also requires updating
tabs.xml with something like this:

   <tab id="samples" label="Samples" dir="samples"/>

However, it might work well for us to add a "Building Derby" category
for the papers tab and add your paper to that. Put your debugtest.xml
file in the paper subdirectory, then try adding this to your site.xml:

    <build_derby label="Building Derby" href="papers/" tab="papers">
       <debugtest label="Debugging test failures" href="debugtest.html"
description="Debugging Test Failures"/>
    </build_derby>

I've been eyeing John Sisson's recent posts that fine tune how to build
Derby with Eclipse, and that would make a nice addition to this category
as well. (I think it was John who posted -- having trouble finding that
now.)

-jean