db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept derby client contribution
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:44:09 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Have we received a software grant yet from IBM that covers this code, or
> a formal statement from them that this is covered by the original grant?
> Until this is resolved I do not believe we can accept this contribution.

Agreed, but I think we can continue to vote on this, while the
legalities are being resolved.

But we are also waiting for Geir to reply to the question below from Ken.



Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

>> You will need to get an additional CCLA or Software Grant for this.  My
>> recollection is that IBM prefers the new adjusted CCLA (with
>> incorporated SG).

Do we actually?  By whose requirement, Apache's or IBM's?  If IBM feels
that the client code drop is covered by the initial Derby CCLA, isn't
that sufficient?
- --
#ken	P-)}

View raw message