db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Shreyas Kaushik <Shreyas.Kaus...@Sun.COM>
Subject Adding new documentation for debugging test failures in the test framework
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:01:53 GMT
Hi all,

   As people on this alias might know there was a thread running where
we discussed about debugging the test failures in the Derby harness. I
plan to do a write up of my learnings in the process ( also has some
valuable suggestions from Kathey ).

I was wondering where to start? Things like,

~ How do I work with the new Apache Forrest ? Is it like adding stuff
another HTML document ?
~ Where to find the actaul docs source to start playing with ?
~ What section to put this write up in ?
~ How do I test my write up ? ( Formatting, font size..etc )

Any pointers on these would help. I hope this document will a  be a good
one for beginners and people not so familiar with the Derby test
framework ( I am also learning ).

~ Shreyas