db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject corrupt disk io storage factory for testing.
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:31:42 GMT

Hi,

  I  am looking at  creating a new corruptible storage factory by
extending the engine's disk storage factory.
  Purpose of this is to do explicitly corrupt the  IO and do some
recovery testing.  Thought ideal place
  for the corruptible storage factory is to be in the test code
utilities not in the code line.  But  I ran into a simple obstacle ,
  constructors in the  org.apache.derby.impl.io.DirFile etc are package
protected. So I am  unable to extend the disk storage
  factory classes successfully .

  I was  wondering  if  there was any reason for not making constructors
public or it was just that there was not requirement to do ?
  If no one has any objections I would like  to  modify them to be
accessible outside  org.apache.derby.impl.io.*  package ?

Thanks
-suresht