db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Formatting patch
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:51:33 GMT
I wasn't going to commit, I am not saying it shouldn't be committed - I
haven't had the time to look at it.  Was just trying to help out
understanding the state of current derby code - just wanted to make sure
2 space indentation wasn't checked it. Usually andrew looks at test
commit stuff.

I now realize that I was wrong below.  I do have tabstop set to 4 -
and that is what is probably needed to make sense of most derby files.
I now remember it was an argument I lost, a long time ago.  If you
have the choice my opinion it is best to set your editor to not
generate tabs, and just do the 4 space indentation.