db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: SQL-99 Core vs. Derby features
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:20:31 GMT
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:25:09 Bernt M. Johnsen <bernt@sun.com> wrote:
>>Hi Bernt,
>>Could we also do the same for SQL2003?
>>We are moving JDBC 4 to SQL2003 from SQL99, so this would be helpful to
> There were minor differences, so I have added SQL2003 to the table.

This table looks like a really handy reference, so I started taking a
look at it.  Regarding this item:

> *E153* 	*Updatable queries with subqueries* 	No 	No

Perhaps I'm missing the specific requirements for this item, but I think
Derby supports it. For example, the derby func tests at

include these statements:

update t1 set int_col =
	(select t1.int_col
	 from t1, t2
	 where t1.int_col = t2.int_col and t1.int_col = 1);

update t1 set int_col =
		(select int_col
		 from t1
		 where int_col = 2)
	 from t2
	 where int_col = 1);

Or does "Updateable queries with subqueries" mean something else?

View raw message