db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Shreyas Kaushik <Shreyas.Kaus...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jdbcapi/testRelative failing & Derby-186
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:45:00 GMT
I did some debugging as to why this happens. I think the way
DRDAConnThread handles calls to relative could be problematic ( still
need to  dig more though).
As I had put several breakpoints in my debugger, one interesting thing I
found in Network Server is that a call to relative() method in the
resultset does not go through
the realtive implementation in EmbedResultSet, whereas in Embedded mode
it goes through this method.

The Network server uses other methods to achieve this I think, I'm
trying to still figure the exact code path. Any specific reason why it
happens this way?

~ Shreyas