db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject What dependencies does Derby have on other Apache software?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 02:24:06 GMT
There's a thread on the incubator list that indicates that ant is the
only apache sofware that Derby depends on. It isn't showing up yet in
the apache archives yet, but here's the gmane link:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.general/5205

In fact, Derby does depend on more Apache software than just ant. If I
remember right, builds were simplified by adding the Apache components
to the Derby source repository. This reduced the number of things that
developers had to download and install -- but also reduced the
visibility of what Derby was using.

Here's what I think Derby source code depends on:

(1) Jakarta ORO
(2) Jakarta servelet api -- getting from Geronimo as
${derby.source}/tools/java/geronimo-spec-servlet-2.4-rc4.jar -- right?

Is this correct? Is this complete? Please let me know and I'll update
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html accordingly. It'd
be nice to make this information more visible -- we can provide Brian
and Ken with the updated info as well.  :-)

Of course, building the DITA docs depends on ant and on xalan/xerces,
and the derby web site itself depends on forrest, so I think the project
as a whole has lots of dependencies -- and will gain even more over time.

regards,

  -jean