db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: (Derby 167) was Re: [Patch] Re: About improvement of DERBY-134
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 08:00:18 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Right... Option 1, adding GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY would be
great.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Kathey Marsden wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Danesh Irani wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hello Kathey,

Christian when reporting Derby-167 had a few possible solutions, is
Satheesh's proposed SQL Standard way included in one of those? If not
could you perhaps elaborate a little on what Satheesh proposed.
Personally I think all 3 of Christians solutions would add value in
terms of flexibility to Derby.

Thanks
~Danesh

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->I couldn't find Satheesh's mail but yes it was regarding
option 1,
generated by default.  I  looked up the SQL syntax  in the sql standard
and put a comment in the JIRA  entry.

Kathey

  </pre>