db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: jdbcapi/testRelative intermittent diff
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:18:53 GMT
Hi Shreyas,

Sure.

It looks like Jean made a pretty good suggestion about adding it to the
papers tab:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200504.mbox/%3c4267BD86.3030707@bristowhill.com%3e

She gives the following suggestion about how to edit site.xml, and assuming
your paper is called debugtest.xml it would work something like this:

<snip>

However, it might work well for us to add a "Building Derby" category
for the papers tab and add your paper to that. Put your debugtest.xml
file in the paper subdirectory, then try adding this to your site.xml:

    <build_derby label="Building Derby" href="papers/" tab="papers">
       <debugtest label="Debugging test failures" href="debugtest.html"
description="Debugging Test Failures"/>
    </build_derby>

</snip>

You'll also need to edit index.xml under the papers directory - it sounds like we can
have a new section, 'Building Derby', where both your paper and John Sisson's posts
about Building Derby with Eclipse could go in the future.

Have you tried doing this?  Are you having a problem formatting the xml?  If so, you might
want to use a browser like IE to verify the xml is well formed prior to even trying to build
it in forrest.

Let me know if you need additional help.

Susan

Shreyas Kaushik <Shreyas.Kaushik@Sun.COM> wrote:
Hi Susan,

Thanks for all the help. I am not modifying any existing manuals. I just
want to add a new section and most likely that will go into papers ( I
have been waiting for response as to, which category my doc should go ) .

I sent out a seperate mail containing the doc , the mail subject read
"Adding new documentation for debugging test failures in the test
framework".

If you can suggest something here that would be great!!!

~ Shreyas