db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject [doc] copyrights and trademarks
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:11:17 GMT
Currently we have two pages in each of our books
related to copyrights and trademarks.  We have the
copyrights page which appears at the begining of all
of the books (see
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/getstart/rgscopyright.html
for the copyright page in the Getting Started Guide)
and then we have the Trademarks page at the end of
each book (see
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/getstart/rgstrademderby.html
for the Getting Started Guide tradmarks.)

These two pages are the same in every book.  The
question is, are they accurate, legally exhaustive,
etc.?  I am not a lawyer, but I think this stuff needs
to be looked at by someone who is.  Is there someone
at Apache who should be reading these over?  Also,
what about the PDF cover pages?  Are there any
copyrights needed there?