db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: jdbcapi/testRelative intermittent diff
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:37:57 GMT
Hi Shreyas,

I noticed you mentioned how long it takes to build the Apache Web site using forrest.

Are the changes you are making related to the manuals, or are they related to
one of the other areas of the web site, like Home, Community, Papers or Integration?

If they are not related to the manuals then you can mv the 'manuals' directory under
$FORREST_HOME/trunk/src/documentation/content/xdocs to 'manuals-save' when
you are testing your builds.  Once you are satisfied with the way everything looks for
the final build (if you have not changed anything in the manuals directory), mv 'manuals-save'
back to 'manuals'.  At least then you won't have to wait an hour each time you make
a change to one of the other categories, only for the last build.

You'll see BROKEN links during the build, but as long as they are only related to those
pages in the manuals, you know they have nothing to do with the changes you are making.

Again, if you are directly editing the manuals, disregard this suggestion.  Although, if you
are only editing one of the manuals you could use this suggestion to move the other directories
such as 'admin' to 'admin-save', etc, if you wanted to.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll clarify.

Susan