db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Scrollable updatable result sets
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:38:30 GMT
Hi all,

Our team considers scrollable updatable result sets to be an important
functionality for Derby and want to start a process aimed at
implementing it. We are willing to put resources on it, probably three
developers to start with.

We have a set of questions on the current status of result sets:

1) Mamta Satoor has implemented updatable read-only result sets, but
   not yet for insert. Is anyone working on this?

2) Is there anyone else looking at scrollability (at least for
   read-only result sets)?

Is anybody in the community interested in engaging in design and
development of this feature? We need to understand the scope and
complexity of the task and would appreciate help on this as well.

All comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Bernt

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway