db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "TomohitoNakayama" <tomon...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject Re: (Derby 167) was Re: [Patch] Re: About improvement of DERBY-134
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:00:35 GMT
Hello.

>> 2:being able to disable the "identity" feature for a column
>> 3:being able to generate a column as non identity and after data is
>> populated, alter table to add the "identity" to the column

I think those are needed to allow user to enable loading data "AND" keep
values at identity column tidy.
(Now "tidy" means user can't decide pk value at their discretion.)

We should have both approaches after all ...

Then I think this is matter of priority.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomoihto@rose.zero.ad.jp
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp