db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "TomohitoNakayama" <tomon...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Question about softupgrade mode ..
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:02:18 GMT
Hello.

Just problem of my ability of English ....

>I think it is better to take the extra time up
> front to address the issue in the best way.

What does "extra time up front" mean ?
It seems to have some meaning of  period of time ...
Is this a set phrase which have special meaning in project ?

>> If it makes it easier, I personally, think that it would be fine to add
>> another column  using the same model as the other autoincrement
>> information.  Then,  they all can be rolled into DefaultInfo later as
>> part of a separate cleanup task.
>
> I think adding extra information to the DefaultInfo is the correct way
> and is the way the system was designed. The column's definition is
> through the interface DefaultInfo, thus allowing different object
> implementations to be stored in the column, representing additional
> information as needed.

Thinking freely in these days,
I came to thought it would be worth to rollback to first phase of desicion
aboout solution1-3.

As you know, we have three solution.
Implementing for solution-1, we found there exists barrier in implementation
of DefaultInfo.
Then , it would be worth to think about solution-2 and solution-3.

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp