Oracle 10g supports
UNION
UNION ALL
INTERSECT
MINUS

It does not support UNION DISTINCT, although UNION behaves as if it were UNION DISTINCT.

I have not used EXCEPT, but I am assuming, as well, that it maps to MINUS.

Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
Yes, I meant Oracle 10g... Does it support UNION DISTINCT? I thought
not, based on their documentation. They seem to have a MINUS, which may
map to EXCEPT.

Satheesh

Edward Rayl wrote:

Satheesh Bandaram wrote:

Take for example, the recently
added UNION/INTERSECT DISTINCT clause. This doesn't add any new
functionality to Derby, since the default is the DISTINCT. Having this
syntax will create problems for migrating to DB2, Oracle, Informix. (I
only briefly searched for support in Oracle 10i database. They don't
seem to have it.)

Oracle 10g does not support the ANSI EXCEPT operator. It does support
UNION and INTERSECT. However, it does not support the use of the ALL
keyword with those set operators. However, Oracle does intend to
support all the ANSI set operators and their keywords in a future
release.

A minor note -- you really meant Oracle 10g, not 10i