db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single JDK14 compile model? (patch attached)
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:15:56 GMT

On Mar 6, 2005, at 7:50 AM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> No, we require the class files modified to be sub-classed (see my other
> long e-mail from this morning) and there is no issue with it.

For some reason I had it in my head that any subclass would know that
its superclass was abstract, and that subclassing a class that was once
abstract, but now concrete, would lead to problems. This is not the
case, of course, since the subclass has no record of the superclass'
abstract status.

Attached is a patch to build with JDK 1.4.2 only. This works as
expected when running under JDK 1.4.2. However, when I attempt to use
the jars created with this build with JDK 1.3.1, I get a
NoSuchMethodError on a select (create table and insert works fine).
What have I missed here?

andrew