db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Lichtman <swa...@rcn.com>
Subject Re: Any ideas for debugging a byte code generation problem
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:18:30 GMT

>The source of the trouble comes from a huge query with many UNION
>ALL's.   The class is huge 2.4MB.  Anyone have any ideas about how to
>get at the contents of a corrupted class like this?

It looks like jad is complaining about too many constants in the class.
This is the first thing I would look at - is the limit of 26635 constants a
Java limit or a jad limit? If it's a Java limit, you may have found the
problem. If it's a jad limit, you might be able to get jad to work by
increasing the size of an internal table (assuming you have the source).

Another thing I would try is paring down the query to make it as small as
possible while still reproducing the problem.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo@rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/