db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] xerces2.6.2 and buffer bug
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:07:07 GMT
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:05:06 -0600, scott hutinger <s-hutinger@wiu.edu> wrote:
> To make sure the problem really was buffer related, I downloaded the
> xerces 2.6.2 sources, dos2unix -obuild.sh (for linux to remove the *bad*
> *interpreter*: *No* *such* *file* or *directory) strangeness.  Used the
> xerces files from the build with with the two line buffer fix, and it works.
>
> </snip errors>
>
> Now the question is, how do we get people to use it?

Well, one way would be to check the working xercesImpl.jar into the
lib directory in derby-docs so that anyone checking out the docs
receives a copy of the working jar file. This, however, is not as
straight ahead as it may seem at first, I want to do a little
investigation about checking such a modified version into subversion.
It might be better, instead of applying a specific bugfix to a known
source, to pull a snapshot of the code that contains the bugfix out of
the repository. Then again, maybe not. I'll get back to you on that.

andrew