db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject [doc] single-page html?
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:13:50 GMT
Hi derby-dev'rs,

I recently found an XSL transform for converting FO to a single-page
HTML file. This allowed me to convert the FO output that is an
intermediate step in the PDF build process to HTML, one file per
manual. You can view the results here:

http://svn.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/

I find single-page HTML files very useful for searching and browsing
as you can use the browser's built in search commands to find
instances of a term in an entire document, and scrolling through the
document is considerably faster than with a PDF, even on a very fast
machine.

If there is interest in this kind of output, I can add it as an option
to the doc build.

andrew